Re: USB 3.0 (Re: NetBSD 6.0)

Hi guys,

I know that Hans Petter Selasky would do the port to NetBSD. He did in fact
have a USB and ISDN kernel module for NetBSD 4.
Since there was a lot of change since then in both NetBSD and the USB stack it
would be quite some work to port it properly.

The benefit would be that his linux USB compatibility lib would work and that
the 2 BSDs would share the same code and driver in at least USB.
More user, more momentum.

Since HPS has to pay the bills and other projects to do in daily life we
(NetBSD Foundation) should collect some money for the port and support him.

I BCC'ied him in this mail.

Cheers,

Dave