Re: NetBSD 6.0

Thought of NetBSD 6.0 being nearly ready raises the question of whether there
will be support for USB 3.0, as there is in Linux and FreeBSD.

Jukka Ruohonen <jruohonen%iki.fi@localhost> says no.

Is there any plan for future support for USB 3.0 in NetBSD?

I can't even access the USB 3.0 hard drive under NetBSD as USB < 3.0.

There was an earlier thread on this list, "NetBSD vs FreeBSD" running into
early August this year.

FreeBSD comes out the clear winner over NetBSD on my new computer.

It appears FreeBSD and Linux are the only viable open-source general-purpose
OSes on my new computer.

Tom