ssh host key bootstrap

How do people manage growing numbers of SSH host keys?

After I have installed a new machine, ideally I would distribute its
SSH public host key to all of my SSH client hosts, and load all of my
SSH server public hosts' keys on the new machine.  In actual practice,
I usually verify host keys the first time I log in to/from the new
machine.  That's really tedious.

Has anyone struck on a trustworthy and convenient way to keep
ssh_known_hosts files synchronized across a bunch of NetBSD / Mac OS X /
Linux boxes?

Dave

--
David Young             OJC Technologies is now Pixo
dyoung%pixotech.com@localhost     Urbana, IL   (217) 344-0444 x24