Re: current - update : pkg_info crashing

Hi,
If you are using current, you should not need to have pkg_install installed (which appears to be the case because this is using pkg_info from /usr/pkg/sbin instead of /usr/sbin).

Try rebuilding and updating pkg_install from pkgtools/. If you are rebuilding the same version and the problem goes away, this might be a compatibility issue with libc or the kernel.

If it does not go away, it's probably a pkg_info bug. You should contact tech-pkg@ to report it.
thank you for your suggestion.

I updated pkg_tools by issuing "make update" in its pkgsrc directory.

It is interesting that I still have both pkg_info version installed:

grid# ls -l /usr/sbin/pkg_info
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  77747 Sep 12 18:28 /usr/sbin/pkg_info
grid# ls -l /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_info
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  176749 Sep 19 17:24 /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_info

the current one should be /usr/sbin
grid# which pkg_info
/usr/sbin/pkg_info

however, when running "make update" on wine it still crashes with the "other" pkg_tool.

Is it correct to have those two versions installed at all? Apparently pkg_tools is only required by nih, which I removed. But "pkg_install" is maked as not for deletion and I cannot delete it.

[1]   Segmentation fault (core dumped) /usr/pkg/sbin/pk...
*** Error code 139

Thank you

Riccardo