Re: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms (Was: What platforms work with X11_TYPE=native)

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 08:08:04PM +0200, Jörn Clausen wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
> wrote:
> > - SunOS.mk
>
> I think SunOS should switch as well, but it might depend on the exact
> version of the OS (Solaris 8/9/10 vs. OpenSolaris and derivates), and
> it probably depends on the compiler (Sun Studio vs. GCC, maybe even
> GCC3 vs GCC4).

I had to set "X11_TYPE" to "modular" as well on a friend's Solaris 10
machine to get things like Firefox to build.

> At least on Solaris 10 with GCC3, native X11 is practically
> impossible, because the header files confuse the compiler.

The GCC 3.4.x shipped with Solaris 10 is plain broken. It can't even
compile all of its headers files, one of the "std*.h" is horribly broken.
But that is another topic.

        Kind regards