Re: Advice sought: which X11 for NetBSD 5.* (going forward) ??

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 08:12:41AM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
> >>netbsd-5 branch is 100% irrelevant unless NetBSD 5.2 ever appears)
> >>that is likely to make it worth the effort of recompiling everything
> >>from pkgsrc that's X related to do the switch?
> >
> >(I don't see any reason to run 5.1 release instead of head of netbsd-5,
> >but I don't think that matters in this case.)
>
> Just as a personal answer to this question, it is because netbsd-5 does
> not build for me. I have complained and filed prs ...

Which PRs are those?

> ... and no one seems to care or be able to duplicate the problem.
> 5.1.0 build. 5 does not.

I think it is matter for not being able to reproduce it. The last
two auto builds worked fine:

        http://releng.netbsd.org/builds/netbsd-5/201109041000Z/
        http://releng.netbsd.org/builds/netbsd-5/201109062240Z/

And I personally build NetBSD/i386 from the "netbsd-5" branch this
morning which worked without problems.

        Kind regards