Re: glassfish on NetBSD?

On 05.09.2011 20:33, Martin S. Weber wrote:
>>> Having used NetBSD on my laptop since before 2004, I must admit that
>>> at the moment, I am seriously considering a switch to Linux soon,
>>> mainly because of this, but also because of lack of Flash support.
>>
>> Flash works fine with latest -current Linux emulation also.
>
> Not everybody can afford to run -current.

That disturbs me. NetBSD puts lots of effort to avoid regressions and
keep -current in a working state, reasonably. The kernel provides binary
compat modes for versions that are 10 years older or more. Running
current also helps testing.

While I can understand that some cannot afford to run -current for
whatever reason, don't expect the situation to improve by itself without
some of your help. This is a volunteer driven project.

> I don't see it as a threat but as a statement with a sigh: wanting to
> turn your back on the single best designed and integrated unix like
> operating system because some everyday application just won't run for
> you is a very, very sad statement. "I left heaven because for once I
> had to attend an orgy..." (especially when attending orgies is a hard
> business requirement).

"Help yourself, and heaven will help you."

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost