Re: glassfish on NetBSD?

On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 11:14:39AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:

> I try to avoid Java as hard as possible, but the few apps I have to run
> in production do work as well as I would expect from a Java app on NetBSD-
> current (amd64 in my case) using openjdk7.
>
> Haven't tried glassfish though.

I may have sounded too negative. I AM using java on NetBSD at work,
and more often than not it works fine. Also for some applications,
I have never experienced things going south, and I use them relatively
often.  But sometimes even a simple call to sbt (when compiling
some scala) gets to a point where a dozen threads (of the java
binary) are waiting and one parked and nothing's moving on. Or
javac goes into a busy wait (not exactly what you wanna see when
a jsp is being compiled). So for me, I do development on the NetBSD
box, I'd never have the idea of deploying a service that needs to
be dependable on NetBSD/java, something which I assume Emmanuel
wants to do given the software he's asking about...

-Martin