Re: Ports & Packages infrastructure & feature import. (fwd)

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 06:36:56PM +0400, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
> It's great that it gets resolved quickly, but how
> about another approach: Preventing failures from
> occurring in the first place, at least try.

I'm afraid you are barking up the wrong tree. I'm also running test
builds before committing changes.

> If those failures become a very rare thing,
> developers and users could just run -current
> and start submitting/review patches with minimal
> frustration knowing that by doing an update on the
> source tree, there's little chance that something would break.

I agree that build failures are annoying and should happen much less frequent.
But they don't stop me from trying out NetBSD-current personally. A failed
build just means that you have to fix it (which I do frequently) or try the
update at a later time.

        Kind regards