Ports & Packages infrastructure & feature import. (fwd)

I've been reading the thread, and the various views.

I think a major problem boils down to the state
of -current.

If I notice problems in release, I should be able to just
grab -current and start hacking away. This is difficult
to do right now.

If -current is rock-solid, then this becomes easier.

NetBSD is very open to contributors, and there
has been some moves from core group to change try to make
the development process even more transparent:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-announce/2010/09/06/msg000109.html

The developer community is very friendly and helpful.
This is a major asset. In fact, I use 5 release on one of my
workstations.

--
`` Real men run current !''