Re: Mounting logical partition: invalid superblock error

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 02:53:45PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> As per what I understand, the ext2 drivers work with ext3, just that there
> is no journaling.

And you risk data corruption unless you mount it read-only.

> I use ext3 this way (with ext2 driver) on my router as well as on FreeBSD.

See above.

> Besides, there are other ext3 partitions on the same disk that I am able
> to mount on NetBSD.

There are different revisions of ext3. On the partition you cannot
mount Linux has probably updated the super block to something that
NetBSD doesn't understand.

If you want to reliably exchange data you will have to use ext2.

        Kind regards