Re: linux disklabel fun

from Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost>:

> I just popped a disk I had just disklabeled using -current/amd64 into an
> ubuntu 9.04 box, and was amused by:

>   $ sudo fdisk /dev/sdb
>   Detected an OSF/1 disklabel on /dev/sdb, entering disklabel mode.
>   There is no *BSD partition on /dev/sdb.

> Really?!

> Cheers,

> Patrick

Linux is very limited in its ability to read any BSD disklabel, might succeed
if NetBSD partition/slice is subdivided only into / (root) and swap.

I have never dared write to a NetBSD partition from Linux, mount read-only if I
can mount at all.

In your situation, I would just quit (q) from fdisk, don't write anything lest
you trash your NetBSD disklabel, or worse yet, installation.

Tom