Re: SNMP control of switches on NetBSD?

On Jun 20,  5:23am, David Young wrote:
} On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 01:48:08AM -0500, Brian A. Seklecki (CE-Pro Bikes)
wrote:
} > > Has any NetBSD user had any luck controlling 3Com and
} > > Cisco/Linksys switches via SNMP,
} >
} > Very few MIBs are writable in the Cisco IOS Mibs on Catalysts; the most
} > useful one is the TFTP remote destination address value as well as the
} > companion boolean, which, when snmp-SET to 1, triggers the TFTP or SCP
} > client on the system to execute a file transfer.
}
} That is what I was afraid of.  I scanned the MIBs on the 3Com switch
} at the office, and I did not find any writable VLAN MIBs.  I haven't
} scanned the MIBs on my Cisco/Linksys switch at home, but it must be much
} less capable than the Catalyst.

     On a Catalyst switch I used SNMP to disable ports when co-lo
clients didn't pay their bill.  I'd be surprised if a Linksys switch
even spoke SNMP.

}-- End of excerpt from David Young