Re: SNMP control of switches on NetBSD?

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 01:48:08AM -0500, Brian A. Seklecki (CE-Pro Bikes)
wrote:

> > Has any NetBSD user had any luck controlling 3Com and
> > Cisco/Linksys switches via SNMP,
>
> Very few MIBs are writable in the Cisco IOS Mibs on Catalysts; the most
> useful one is the TFTP remote destination address value as well as the
> companion boolean, which, when snmp-SET to 1, triggers the TFTP or SCP
> client on the system to execute a file transfer.

That is what I was afraid of.  I scanned the MIBs on the 3Com switch
at the office, and I did not find any writable VLAN MIBs.  I haven't
scanned the MIBs on my Cisco/Linksys switch at home, but it must be much
less capable than the Catalyst.

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 344-0444 x24