static analysis on NetBSD code.

Hi All,

I read about about Coverity tool and its deployment in NetBSD codes. "
http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/bx/blosxom.cgi/nb_20060316_1655.html";
I myself have ran various Static Code Analyzers and found various issues
with the NetBSD codes.

1. I want to know how much reliable are these SCA's ?
2. And can anyone tell me about the way these SCA's work? as in to analyze
say fread.c , What input does these tools supply to check the functionality
of the code.
3. I couldnt find the Coverity Tool scan report for NetBSD codes. Can anyone
provide me with it.?
4. Which is the best among all SCA's ?

Thanks,

Nikunj