Re: which serial-to-usb devices do you use?

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 06:59:04PM -0800, Michael Litchard wrote:
> Curious what the community prefers to use for a serial-to-usb device.

To start off with, I don't like any of the commonly available commercial
solutions.  They all lack public programming docs.  And these things are
trivial pieces of hardware.

To the average user, I'd recommend uplcom(4).  They are easy to get a
hold of and have (for the most part) just worked for quite a while.

I've also had good experience with uftdi(4), but I have 10 times as
many uplcoms.

        Jonathan Kollasch