Re: Understanding pf with FTP on IPv6

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:43:05 +0200, Philip Dodd <philip.dodd%free.fr@localhost> wrote:
Hi,

I am running a dual-stack host that I'm currently seeing a strange
issue (or at least an issue I don't understand :) ) with outgoing
(client) FTP connections over IPv6.

Basically my pf.conf contains a "block in all" at the start and a
bunch of rules that allow some stuff to connect on regular ports
inbound.

FTP client (outbound) from this host works fine over IPv4 but will
fail over IPv6 unless I comment out this line.

Is this difference in behaviour expected?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Best regards,

Phil

Hi, Apologies for replying to myself, but has anyone any advice? I'm sure I'm missing something dumb, but I really can't figure out what.

I can send my pf.conf if it helps, or is this just plain old the wrong place to ask?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Phil