NetBSD on Satellites (was: NetBSD 5.0.2 does not boot properly on Toshiba Satellite, keyboard problems)

Hello Pierre,

Thank you very much for your suggestions! I've followed it everything was
ok.

May I also ask you some questions as a Toshiba Satellite NetBSD user? :)

1. How did you update the BIOS? Toshiba provides BIOS updates as Windows
executables. Did you do it from Windows or via USB stick?
2. On my Satellite I can not adjust the LCD brightness level (may be it is
because the ACPI is disabled?). There're functional keys (Fn+FN) for it.
Did you managed to get it work? It there any other way to configure it? I
have not found anything related in the sysctl..

Thanks in advance,
Dmitry

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:48:01 +0200, Pierre Allegraud
<pallegra%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Hello,
> I had to disable ohci too on my previous laptop.
>
> You could try with :
> - in the boot prompt :
> boot netbsd -2c (ACPI disabled) or boot netbsd -c (ACPI enabled)
> - in the kernel prompt :
> disable ohci
> quit
> - test your keyboard
>
> My new laptop is also a Toshiba Satellite, but I only had to update
> the BIOS in order to run NetBSD with APCI enabled.
>
> Good luck !
>
> Pierre
>
> 2010/10/27 Dmitry Matveev <me%dmitrymatveev.co.uk@localhost>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to install NetBSD 5.0.2 on my Toshiba Satellite A210-199
>> laptop.
>> Actually I've installed it on the hdd using QEMU from Debian GNU/Linux,
>> but when I reboot to NetBSD, it does not start properly.
>>
>> In the normal mode the kernel boots up and stops somewhere after
>> enumerating USB devices. I can turn the system off with "Power" button
on
>> laptop and that's all.
>>
>> When I boot the system without ACPI, it boots successfully and invites
me
>> to enter login/pass, but my laptop keyboard does not work here.
>>
>> I've found a similar issue: http://gnats.netbsd.org/34100
>>
>> The solition was to disable ohci. I haven't found such option in the
BIOS