Re: NetBSD/amd64 5.0.2 installer scribbled over my 2TB drive :(

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:16 AM, David Huang <khym%azeotrope.org@localhost>
wrote:
>> Please try NetBSD 5.1_RC4. "sysinst" was fixed to work properly with drives
>> over 1TB:
>
> OK, I'll take a look, thanks :)

Not sure if this is entirely related, but I have recent experience with this:

I just put a 2TB SATA drive into my i386 machine. It had been running
some older version of 5.0 userland with a relatively recent netbsd-5
kernel.

fdisk returned some wacky numbers about size, so I upgraded the
userland to a very recent build of 5.1_RC (shows up as 5.1_RC4) and
things looked right.

So I added an fdisk partition and used disklabel, then I formatted the
whole thing.

I've been trying to actually use it though, and I'm getting a panic
every time I either write data to it or fsck it. I need to figure that
out. I didn't check the math to see if it really did lay out the disk
correctly.

Andy