Re: Transfer .iso to USB flash

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Francisco Valladolid
<ficovh%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Hi, I have to .ISO image bootable, and want transfer it to my USB stick,
> I'm using the next dd command
>
> # dd if=cdrom.iso of=/dev/sd0e bs=512
>
> While it transfer all contents, I cant boot it in my computer.
>
> Exist some extra parameter to dd, or is not possible ?

As far as I know you have the prepare the USB stick for booting and
copy the files over manually.  Looks like there was an article in the
wiki about it at
http://wiki.netbsd.org/How_to_install_NetBSD_from_an_USB_Memory_Stick,
but the wiki seems to be in limbo.   Googling for "netbsd usb stick"
turned up several hits that look useful, such as this one:
http://www.pbraun.nethence.com/doc/sysutils_bsd/netbsd_usb.html

Cheers,
Elijah