postinstall, obsolete files, and reference directory

It took me a few hours to work this out, so I'd like to recommend a
small addition to the manpage for "postinstall" to save others the
confusion...

When the output from "postinstall" recommends the removal of obsolete
files, you must not only remove the real files in, but, if you are
using a reference directory built from sets (as per "-s tgzdir" in
the "etcupdate" and "postinstall" manpages), then you must *also*
remove the corresponding files form your reference directory.  If
you don't you will end up in an infinite cycle of re-adding and
re-deleting them, courtesy of "etcupdate".

Anne.
--
Ms. Anne Bennett, as a private citizen:  anne%porcupine.montreal.qc.ca@localhost
Also reachable more officially at work:  anne%encs.concordia.ca@localhost