Re: xorg vt switching on thinkpad x41

Steven Bellovin <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:

> Is X still running?

Yes.

It shows a few error messages/warnings:

(EE) [drm] drmOpen failed.
(EE) intel(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed.Disabling DRI.
(EE) intel(0): underrun on pipe B!
(EE) intel(0): underrun on pipe B!
(EE) intel(0): underrun on pipe B!
(EE) intel(0): underrun on pipe B!
(EE) intel(0): underrun on pipe B!

I can Ctrl+C it from the console (where I ran startx), kill it normally
or even Ctrl+Alt+Backspace kill it.

> What happens if you do a suspend/resume?

Interesting question in that apparently NetBSD 5.0.2 doesn't (out of the
box) suspend when I hit Fn+F4.  This used to work just fine in older
versions...

Instead I get a "thinkpad0: sleep button pressed" kernel message.

-Jan