Re: sql api for ufs

On 11/06/2010 8:07 AM, George Georgalis wrote:
On Thu 10 Jun 2010 at 03:12:04 AM -0700, George Georgalis wrote:
The last thing I want to do is reinvent filesystem
manipulation. I don't even want to do anything fancy with the
db implementation. The goal here is to do rapid queries of data
that may not be online, or off in some http protocol that doesn't
accommodate good bandwidth or seek ability.

...a glorious extension of the locate command, which has tools to
generate commands to manupalate the filesystem (local/remote) and
transfer over various protocols/auth. For the purpose of archiving
and indexing media across multiple devices.

Sounds a tiny bit like "Pick"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick_operating_system