Re: Problem with Xorg keyboards changed by clients

> -->How do I teach such X-client programs to use the keyboard that
>   my X-server has been trimmed to, and not try to invent
>   something? <--

Dead keys are not handled by keyboard mapping alone.  They also require
support by something called an âinput methodâ.  There are several of
them.  xterm uses one called XIM, Gtk-applications and Qt-applications
by default use their own method.  Try to set these environment variables
(in .xinitrc or a similar place) to let Gtk- and Qt-applications use XIM
as well:

  GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
  QT_IM_MODULE=xim

I would assume that this at least takes care of KDE application.  I am
less sure about OpenOffice.

Andreas