Problem with Xorg keyboards changed by clients

Hi NetBSD users!

I have a problem with X-keyboard and certain X-programs. I do not
understand them properly.

I have set my X-keyboard with standard dk-layout (and my WS-keyboard
with dk.nodead).

When I start xdm, I get a couple of X-terminals, where I - as
expected - can construct various Western letters as e.g. ñ by tyuping
(dead)~ followed by n.

If, however, I run OpenOffice (command soffice -w), I have access to
the Danish national letters, but no other Western Eutopean letters
with diacritical symbols.

A similar problem but with an other effect exists in k-office and
a "console" when I run KDE.

-->How do I teach such X-client programs to use the keyboard that
  my X-server has been trimmed to, and not try to invent
  something? <--

It works as intended on my desktop, where I run NetBSD i386, release
3.1 and KDE with the X86-server.

Below follows extracts of the output from startx (with xdm) on my
laptop:

> xauth:  creating new authority file /root/.serverauth.393

> X.Org X Server 1.4.2
> Release Date: 11 June 2008
> X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
> Build Operating System: NetBSD/amd64  -
> Current Operating System: NetBSD ... 5.0.1 (GENERIC) ... amd64
> Build Date: 11 June 2008  04:31:59PM
> ... ...
> ... ... {and everything runs normally, except for:}
> The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> > Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
> >                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
  {This is a glitch in /usr/X11R7/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/pc/dk
  I have not sent a report to Xorg.  The keyboard works as intended}

Regards
          Hans Dinsen-Hansen