Re: ptyfs and chroot environments

=> On Apr 1,  3:55pm, gary%duzan.org@localhost (gary%duzan.org@localhost) wrote:
=> -- Subject: Re: ptyfs and chroot environments
=>
=> | => It needs to be adapted, but it is a non trivial amount of work.
=> |
=> |    Just a random idea: would a null mount of /dev/pts into the chroot
=> | work? (I don't have it set up at the moment to test it.)
=>
=> This is not ideal because it will expose ptys from outside the chroot to
=> the chroot.

   Yeah, naturally I thought of that after I sent it. It does seem like
something fairly custom would need to be done for this to work and be
(relatively) secure. Still, if you absolutely need ptyfs to work,
depending on the the situation it might be worth the security hit.

                                        Gary Duzan