Re: Error loading open interface with ipmitool

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 09:59:47AM -0800, Mike Bowie wrote:
> Admittedly I haven't used ipmitool until reading your post, but I don't
> see "open" as being an available interface in the -h output; only lan and
> lanplus.

"open" uses the OpenIPMI driver interface provided by the operating system
(for local control).  NetBSD doesn't have this.  "lan" and "lanplus"
connect over the network (for remote control), this works fine on NetBSD

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen%telenet.be@localhost  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F