Re: Compiling x11-links from pkgsrc

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 05:27:55PM +0100, Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I try installing bacula-qt-console (by the way, is this bat?), and
> one of the dependencies is x11-links.
>
> The make of this fails because "x11-links-0.43 requires X headers to
> be installed".
>
> I make sure I have xcomp set installed and tried with various X11
> settings in mk.conf (X11_TYPE=[native|modular], MKX11=yes,
> X11FLAVOUR=xorg).
>
> Nothing seems to help. There must be something I overlook.
>
> Any hint or help is appreciated.

If this is the first X11 depending package you're installing on the system,
you might be doing something wrong ...  bacula-*-console is intended to be
run on a workstation (with access to the director), not on the server.  You
could do that of course, but you can just use the bconsole CLI there (which
is included in the bacula server package) without requiring X.

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen%telenet.be@localhost  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F