Re: Status on NVidia Support In NetBSD?

David Chanters wrote:
I really want to use NetBSD as my desktop OS, so if there's anything I
can do help push this support along, I don't mind.   I am a slight
programmer, so talking code is something I might be able to do.   To
give an example, there is a FreeBSD binary driver released by
nvidia.com --- how much effort would be needed to even *think* about
porting this to NetBSD?   Having never done anything like this before,
where on Earth would one start?
David, as long as it's a binary driver that means no source code; no source code means porting is impossible; reverse engineering is kinda out of the question.