Re: NetBSD on Wikipedia

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 1:44 AM, Adam Hamsik <haaaad%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Jan,Thursday 14 2010, at 1:50 AM, matthew sporleder wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 10:32 PM, matthew sporleder
>> <msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

>>> I moved a bunch of stuff around so the structure wasn't so flat.  I
>>> could go through and add {{fact}} tags but would someone be willing to
>>> come in after me and actually find the citations for a lot of stuff on
>>> there?
>>>
>>> The content itself it pretty on-par with other OS pages from what I've
>>> seen.  In fact, considering the lack of a standard OS template, the
>>> netbsd content is pretty good.  (except where it's comma-heavy or too
>>> terse)
>>>
>>> I know I should just work on it myself, but the pkgsrc wikipedia
>>> page(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pkgsrc)  should be brought up to par
>>> with the portage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portage_(software)) or
>>> APT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Packaging_Tool) pages.
>>>

>> I added a netbsd template (that little box at the bottom of the page)
>> and also started articles on ATF and netpgp.  If you can think of any
>> other netbsd software (not the operating system, pkgsrc, atf, or
>> netpgp) go ahead and add it to the template and setup the article.
>>
>> I also think larger subsystems are appropriate (Veriexec has its own
>> article, for example).
>
> I think that RUMP, PUFFS, iSCSI, LVM and ZFS can have own article too ?

I'll add stubs for RUMP and PUFFS, but iSCSI, LVM, and ZFS already
pages.  (maybe we could squeeze a link to netbsd on some of them)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runnable_Userspace_Meta_Programs <- already existed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PUFFS_%28NetBSD%29 <- rename if needed-
be sure to change the FUSE article along with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Volume_Manager_%28Linux%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iscsi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zfs