Re: NetBSD on Wikipedia

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 10:32 PM, matthew sporleder
<msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Adam Hoka <adam.hoka%gmail.com@localhost>
> wrote:
>> Hi NetBSD Users!
>>
>> If anyone have a little free time and likes to write, please would
>> you help NetBSD by editing the article about us on Wikipedia [1]?
>> Currently it's marked as "It may require general cleanup to meet
>> Wikipedia's quality standards.".
>>
>> It would really help the project.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetBSD
>>

> I moved a bunch of stuff around so the structure wasn't so flat.  I
> could go through and add {{fact}} tags but would someone be willing to
> come in after me and actually find the citations for a lot of stuff on
> there?
>
> The content itself it pretty on-par with other OS pages from what I've
> seen.  In fact, considering the lack of a standard OS template, the
> netbsd content is pretty good.  (except where it's comma-heavy or too
> terse)
>
> I know I should just work on it myself, but the pkgsrc wikipedia
> page(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pkgsrc)  should be brought up to par
> with the portage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portage_(software)) or
> APT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Packaging_Tool) pages.

I added a netbsd template (that little box at the bottom of the page)
and also started articles on ATF and netpgp.  If you can think of any
other netbsd software (not the operating system, pkgsrc, atf, or
netpgp) go ahead and add it to the template and setup the article.

I also think larger subsystems are appropriate (Veriexec has its own
article, for example).