Re: Xorg and thinkpad x200s

On Jan 10, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Pau wrote:

> It didn't work... I guess this means that acpi + suspend is not
> supported on this laptop...
>
> Jan 11 02:08:48  powerd[442]: /etc/powerd/scripts/sleep_button exited
> with status 1
> Jan 11 02:09:02  /netbsd: acpi0: entering state 3
> Jan 11 02:09:02  /netbsd: Devices without power management support: pciide0
> Jan 11 02:09:02  /netbsd: acpi0: aborting suspend

Actually, that's a very good sign, because it shows where the problem is, and I
suspect there's a work-around.

Go into the BIOS configuration and check what the interface options are for the
disk.  If there's an option for AHCI, try it instead.  (Aside: per another
thread on disk performance, I reconfigured a desktop of mine to use AHCI
instead of the default SATA.  I literally got a 10x performance improvement.)