Re: Netbook support - status update?

On Monday 04 Jan 2010 00:46:22 der Mouse wrote:
> Just what _is_ a netbook?  I'd always thought of it as a recent
> "marketing" buzzword for a laptop, but between this conversation
>  and the small size of that list, it sounds as though it's a
>  relatively specific term for some small subset of laptops.

For example.  The EeePC 701 and 1005HA....

http://www.eeeuser.com/

There are many others.   Dell is also a good example.  Great for
travelling with other than an iPhone.  Samsung probably (?) make the
best just now.  The netbook has introduced the concept of the fact
that open source software accounts for about 30% of the netbook
desktop market.  Some of that is GNU/Linux.  Some of it is BSD.

I've written for open source magazines for ten years.

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk