Re: Login over serial port to NetBSD

"Ivan \"Rambius\" Ivanov" <rambiusparkisanius%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Now I have a netbsd laptop and I would like to login to the first
> netbsd machine *without* the usb-to-serial cable, since the laptop has
> a serial port. I read about cu and tip program, but I was not able to
> use them. My question more precisely is: which device in /dev/ should
> I pass to cu or tip. I tried the following commands with no success:
>
> # cu -l /dev/tty00 -s 9600
> # cu -l /dev/tty01 -s 9600
> # cu -l /dev/dty00 -s 9600
> # cu -l /dev/dty01 -s 9600

Define "no success".  What is the error message?  What does your dmesg
say about serial ports?

You must use dty* (dial-out) devices.

On my macppc I use the following to connect to my landisk using puc(4)
serial:

  $ cu -l /dev/dty11 -s 9600

Also see my bin/36060 for issues with devices and cu(1) permissions
vs. group "dialer".

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost                       |       Zu Grunde kommen