Login over serial port to NetBSD

Hello,

I have a machine running NetBSD 3.1 (will upgrade it soon) and I want
to be able to do serial logins to it. I used installboot to special
com0 as the serial console:

# installboot -v -o console=com0,speed=9600 /dev/rwd0a /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1

I have an Apple iMac machine running Mac OS X 10.5 and I have a serial
cable with null-modem adapter and an USB-to-serial cable. After I
connect the cables from the com0 port of the netbsd machine to the usb
port of the imac I can access the serial console of the netbsd machine
using screen on the imac. The command is like this:

$ sudo screen /dev/tty.PL2303-0000105D 9600

I receive the login prompt and I can login from the imac. Everything works fine.

Now I have a netbsd laptop and I would like to login to the first
netbsd machine *without* the usb-to-serial cable, since the laptop has
a serial port. I read about cu and tip program, but I was not able to
use them. My question more precisely is: which device in /dev/ should
I pass to cu or tip. I tried the following commands with no success:

# cu -l /dev/tty00 -s 9600
# cu -l /dev/tty01 -s 9600
# cu -l /dev/dty00 -s 9600
# cu -l /dev/dty01 -s 9600

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
Rambius

--
Tangra Mega Rock: http://www.radiotangra.com