Xorg without int10

Hello

I want to use a X display that would not show BIOS and NetBSD boot
messages. My first idea was to use a serial console and run the X server
from rc.local

That breaks, because on Xorg launch, xf86OpenConsole() fails. It seems
Xorg really wants a non serial console to exist.

Then I tried to set up a dual display system, with a video card used for
the console and the other one for the X display. This fails because the
second video board has not been initialized by the BIOS:

Xorg fails to start, with:
(II) NV(0): Initializing int10
(WW) NV(0): remove MTRR a0000 - c0000
(WW) NV(0): remove MTRR c0000 - 100000
(EE) Cannot find empty range to map base to
(EE) NV(0): Cannot read V_BIOS (3)
(EE) NV(0): Failed to initialize the int10 module; this screen will not
be initialized.

Then I tried option NoInt10, but it does not help:

(**) NV(0): Option "NoINT10" "yes"
(**) NV(0): Option "InitPrimary" "yes"
(EE) NV(0): Failed to initialize the int10 module; this screen will not
be initialized.

Is it possible to set up a X display without BIOS assitance on i386?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz