Re: "cannot mount root, error = 79"

Thanks, David, haad.

Finally, I successfully boot the i386 machine with 5.99.18 kernel (and modules).
I didn't understand thathwas
kernel binary (/netbsd) itself doesn't load modules, but
boot loader does.

What I did this time was...

$ cp /usr/mdec/boot /boot
$ installboot -v -o timeout=5 /dev/rwd0a /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1

and to change grub configuration from
---
title NetBSD
root (hd0,1,a)
kernel /netbsd
---
---
title NetBSD
root (hd0,1,a)/netbsd
chainloader +1
boot
---

Thanks again.
Is there anything I can do to update the documentation?
I don't think I'm the only one who confuses this updating process.