Re: Need to chmod CD device to use from users.

On 7 Aug 2009, at 23:26, David DEMELIER wrote:
It works but I wanted to know why do we need to chmod the device if
the groupe operator exists ?

Because the operator group has only read permissions on these
device nodes by default. This is e.g. good enough to make
file system backups with "dump". Burning CD medias however
requires write access which is why you had to change the
permissions.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/