Re: xfwm4 over ssh ?

[Please don't top post. Thank you.]

At 14:51 Uhr +0200 13.05.2009, Caloro Maurizio wrote:
 At 14:26 Uhr +0200 13.05.2009, Caloro Maurizio wrote:
 >i connect from me PC over putty (ssh) to my Netbsd 5.0 Blink
 >and i want try to start "xfwm4", if i do this the followin error appair.

 Can you give details about the peecee side setup, please? Which X
 server application?

  From what you listed, it sounds like your X server comes with a
 built-in window manager, already.

Blade100 - netbsd 5.0

blink$ startx --version
xauth:  creating new authority file /home/mc/.serverauth.25593
xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name "blink.:0" in "list" command
xauth: (stdin):1:  bad display name "blink.:0" in "add" command

X.Org X Server 1.4.2

Hum. So... You are running Putty on a windows machine to log in to your NetBSD machine.

First question: Where do you want your window manager (xfwm4) to appear? On the windows desktop, or on a screen attached to the NetBSD machine?

If the former, your windows machine has to run an X server, and the X client (window manager, xterm of what have you) runs on the NetBSD box.

If the latter - what's the point?

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281