Re: LTO-2 acting up with netbsd-5?

Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> writes:

> I had holding disk as LFS, and was getting processes stuck in tstile.  I
> converted the filesystem back to UFS2 with logging.  Now I don't get the
> tstile problem.  Is there an open PR about lfs and netbsd-5?
>
> The tape drive still seems to be acting up.  I have ordered a new one.
>
> When writing to tape, the system was very sluggish, but load average
> remained low.  I tried to write DVD while writing to tape, and
> apparently provoked a reboot.
>
> So I wonder if locking is not quite right with st(4).
>
> Is anyone else either successfully using a SCSI tape drive, or having
> trouble with one, under 5.0?  How about SCSI disk on ahc(4)?

I updated to

  NetBSD 5.0_RC2 (GENERIC) #9: Tue Mar  3 14:06:32 EST 2009

From sources dated (UTC)

-rw-r--r--  1 gdt  wheel  1818 Mar  3 17:11:36 2009 NetBSD-5/UPDATE.src

and installed a new LTO-2 drive (same model).  I have written over 100G
of data with no troubles.  I will try the old one at some point.

I have received no reports that anyone is either able to use st(4)
drives or is having trouble.  I have also received no reports of trouble
with LFS or success.