Upgrade to netbsd-5 and problem with wip/pdnsd (pthread)

After upgrading my system from NetBSD-4 to NetBSD-5 I've found that
pdnsd daemon (wip/pdnsd) cannot be killed by SIGTERM anymore.  As a
result /etc/rc.d/pdnsd restart doesn't work as expected.

IIRC it was killed fine with NetBSD-4. Can this be a problem with
NetBSD-5 pthread implementation (pdnsd uses pthreads) or a problem with
pdnsd itself?

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.