Re: RAM disk

Dear All,

Actually, I have no NetBSD in front of me now,
so I am sorry not to be able to tell you what
exactly I am doing or what the response was.

What I want is indeed a memory DISK, not just
a memory FILESYSTEM, so Ignatios' description
hits exactly what I want.

What I did - I somehow created an md0 with
mdconfig, but could not mount it - so I assumed
it needs a filesystem, and thus ran newfs on it.
But all the time I just got some error message
along the lines of "device busy". So how do I
correctly set up a RAM DISK with a filesystem
on it? Could you kindly show me which sequence
of commands is necessary? Thank you in advance.

I have to say, the md0c of the manpage did not
exist, there were md0a and md0d if I correctly
remember - and both failed for me.

(What I want is a bit hard to say, by the way -
I am trying to write down some quick notes for
"the occasional desktop user" with a certain but
small UNIX experience. You will get them soon
I hope.)

Kind regards,

Nino

-------- Original-Nachricht --------