Re: UPS Advice

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 01:12:33PM -0500, I wrote:
> I have one of the smartUPS boxes, and while it has both serial and USB,
> I'm running it via USB for lack of the right cable for the serial port.
> I think I tried NUT but had trouble with the USB attachment and ended up
> using apcupsd.  Works fine, though.

I should elaborate; I have no idea if the APC UPS serial cables are magic
anymore or can use a single straight through / null-modem cable, but the
machines on the UPS are a few suns with RJ45 serial ports and I didn't
have the right connectors to convert RJ45<->DB9 at the time and was out
of USB serial fobs.

--rafal

--
  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|