Re: rump vs. smbfs

On 27 Jan 2009, at 11:11, Andrew Reilly wrote:
Not really what you're looking for, but I've been using
smbclient as part of a backup script for years.

Yes, I've considered doing exactly that.

Works fine and reliably, if you're just putting a dump or
tar file on a remote server.

That is what I want as well. But as the remote server is
a dump NAS device I also want to handle the deletion of
old dumps remotely. And that seems to be quite tricky
via "smbclient".

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/