Re: Corrupting Files

I have tried removing softdep from the mount options, but from the results of last night it is still happening, if not worse.

Currently disabled write-back cache on all 4 HDDs and see if it helps. We also just paniced. fsck takes about 2 hours.

If it were a 48bit LBA, or generally bad partitioning I would have expected much larger corruption, rather than a few bytes in the middle of files ..?

So far, it seems to be confined to wd2 and wd3. I am re-testing everything on wd0 and wd1 just to be sure.