Re: Install with Windows

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:00 AM, Rim3nX <rimenx%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I have 3 partitions on my laptop...
> On the first one its Windows
> On second are my important files
> Third is free, where I wona Install NetBSD... How can I do it without
> harming the rest of the Hard Drive, not formating whole hard disk.
> I wona install it just as Linux could be installed, by chosing witch
> partition Im gona use for next operating system... Is it possible.
> --

Yes, NetBSD only requires one fdisk partition (whereas linux would
have asked you for two).  Simply choose the blank space during the
install and then split it up however you like in the disklabel.

http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-exinst.html#exinst-partitions

Good luck.  Make backups.  :)

Matt