Re: MPlayer compilation - taking ages, hardly using CPU

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Adam Hoka <adam.hoka%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Well, are you trying to compile from pkgsrc or by hand?
> I suggest doing the former.

Wow! Now I think NetBSD is even more awesome! I had no idea what
pkgsrc could do until now.

Okay, so I've downloaded the stable branch (Q32008) of pkgsrc, and
tried to build mplayer; had to allow a certain license, no problem,
but when it comes to the actual build, it fails, and I have no idea
why. Output from make:

In file included from mplayer.c:169:
stream/stream_dvd.h:19: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list
before 'dvd_reader_t'
mplayer.c: In function 'init_vo_spudec':
mplayer.c:1004: error: 'dvd_priv_t' has no member named 'cur_pgc'
gmake: *** [mplayer.o] Error 1
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/mplayer
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/mplayer

I've Googled the error messages to no avail (a couple of hits, but
none in English, and machine translation is still in nappies as far as
I'm concerned :)).

I imagine I've just stupidly missed out something important; after
unpacking the pkgsrc tarball into /usr, cd-ing into
/usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/mplayer and unsetting $PKG_PATH all I did was
run make. Have I missed anything obvious?

If not, any other ideas as to what is going wrong?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Sharif