Re: pkg_add hangs

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Michael Smith
<michael.smith%netapps.com.au@localhost> wrote:

> This works for me:

> http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD-4.0/i386/All

Bingo! Thank you.

All these years I have always been one to build from pkgsrc rather
than use precompiled binaries, but my new foray into vmware (which is
a lot of fun) has led me to see the usefulness of the latter.

This business of ftp:// versus http:// for a PKG_PATH to use with
pkg_add still feels a bit opaque to me; does it seem a tad buggy to
others too?

Best regards,

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely