Re: pkg_add hangs

Michael Smith wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 23:33:17 -0400
"Eric d'Alibut" <eric.halibut%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

Recent i386 installations show pkg_add hanging at the end of
installing pre-compiled binaries. Ctrl-c'ing out of the hang yields
the message:

pkg_add: can't chdir back to '/var/tmp/instmp.00366e'

I am pretty sure this was happening to me on a workstation which is behind a
NAT gateway. Both machines run netbsd. I wasn't able to find the reason so I
changed by PKG_PATH to use http. I haven't had any problems since then.

I'm wondering if there's a reason to use ftp at all.