Re: GNU grep in /usr/bin? WTF?!

> (I agree though -- it's long past time most GNU tools should have been
> thrown out of NetBSD, and to heck with backwards support of the stupid
> GNU long options, and even all of their other non-standardized options
> too!)
libc's regexp doesn't support UTF-8 and therefore usr.bin/grep will
not too.

Also see

bin/38108 [non-critical/low]:
        single regexp implementation for NetBSD base system

and

standards/38127 [serious/medium]:
        awk's: regexps should treat { and } as {n,m}, but as regular characters

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.